Double YOUR Donation
Corporate employee matching gift programs: What are they and how do they benefit us?
What are corporate matching gift programs?
Corporate matching gift programs are charitable giving programs setup by corporations in which the company matches donations made by employees to eligible nonprofit organizations. For example, if a donor works for Bank of America and donates $100 to NHSDI, Bank of America will double the donation by also writing a check for $100.
Thousands of companies offer matching gift programs. A few examples include:
- Johnson & Johnson – Triples donations with $2:$1 matches for current employees while also doubling donations for retirees.
- Bank of America – Matches donations $1:$1 up to $5,000 annually per employee.
- Home Depot – Matches donations $1:$1 up to $3,000 annually per employee.
The impact of these programs can be substantial! In 2011, Microsoft matched $48.9 million worth of employee donations to schools and 501(c)(3) nonprofits. Did you know that more than 15 million employees work for companies with matching gift programs?
New Horizons will provide you with as much of the following as possible:
- Up-to-date company policies
- Minimum volunteer hours required
- Printed forms
- Our nonprofit’s contact information (Tax ID, address, fundraising contact)
If your company isn’t listed, make sure to check with HR as there are many additional companies out there who offer volunteer grant programs.
We wish we could submit the required form for you, unfortunately, the employee must submit it. We appreciate you taking five minutes to check with your employer to see if you can double your donation.